October 2017 – 26th Annual Art Exhibition and Sale
- Theme – Autumn Splendor
- Up to 4 entries
- 6 Skill Levels
- 7 Media Categories
- Member Entry Fee $25 for first 2 Entries
- Non Member Entry $30 for first 2 Entries
- Entries due Sept. 15
- Work due Oct. 10th
16612 US Highway 550
S. Townsend Ave. & Ogden Avenue
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
ENTRY FORMS & FEES Must be postmarked by Sept. 15
(All entries must be pre-registered—no late entries)
DELIVERY OF ENTRIES……..………Tuesday, October 10th
(10:00 am. to 2:00 pm)
RECEPTION for artists, guests, award contributors, and patrons (6:00-8:00 PM)….…….Wednesday, October 11th
PUBLIC VIEWING…………………..…..…Oct. 12th – 15th
- Thursday………..Oct. 12th…..9 AM to 5 PM
- Friday……………..Oct. 13th…..9 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday…………Oct. 14th…..9 AM to 5 PM
- Sunday…………..Oct. 15th….10 AM to 2 PM
PICK UP……Sun., Oct. 15th, (2:30 pm to 3:30 pm) No exceptions.
JUDGE: Dani Tupper: “I strive to capture the beauty given by the “Master Creator”. Dani is a signature member of various watercolor societies as well as being affiliated with numerous art centers and other art groups. Dani studied at colleges in NE and NM; started working in oils; tried her hand in acrylics and other media; but her love is watercolor. Even though she is self taught in watercolor, she has taken numerous workshops from well-known artists. Dani likes to experiment and to share different techniques. Her subject material is as varied as the techniques she uses.
JUDGE’S DEMONSTRATION: Our judge will present a FREE demonstration on Saturday, Oct. 14th; 10:00 AM at Camelot Gardens. Open to the public.
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE SHOW: Because this is a non-juried show, competition is open to all artists. Works must be own original, completed within the last 5 years, and not shown at previous MVAG shows. No class work, painting done in a workshop, or prints accepted. Copied works are not considered original.
RULINGS ON CLASSIFICATION AND ELIGIBILITY ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SHOW COMMITEE, WHICH ALSO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO DISPLAY UNSUITABLE ENTRIES.
When entering the show, permission is granted for your artwork to be used to advertise the next year’s show.
SPECIAL THEME: This year’s special theme is: Autumn Splendor! Only one entry is allowed in this division. Students / PACE are not eligible.
ACCEPTED MEDIA CATEGORIES :
- Water media-WM
- Mixed Media -MM
- Photography-PHOTO (This includes computer generated and/or over painted photography).
- Graphics-G (includes pen/ink. If pen/ink colored, then must be entered as mixed media)
- Gourds are allowed and may be entered as sculpture
Students not included in media choices.
- Professional – P
- Advanced – AD
- Amateur – AM
- Student: S grades 1-8, S grades 9-12, V.O.A./PACE
Suggested skill levels:
- Amateur: beginner artist, hasn’t entered many shows
- Advanced: enters shows, has won some ribbons, sells a few pieces art a year.
- Professional: Teaches art, has won numerous awards, or is represented by an art gallery
- At the discretion of the judge, individual art can be moved to another skill level
SALES AND LIABILITY: All entries must be priced for sale and may not be removed before the close of the exhibit. No “NFS” allowed. The Guild will handle all sales and will charge a 30% commission. MVAG and the Camelot Gardens will take reasonable precautions against damage and theft; however, neither will assume further responsibility. Artists are responsible for their own insurance. Entering this show signifies agreement to these terms.
FRAMING: Size and weight limits:
All artwork will be hung securely from vertical wires with D-rings or other permanent hardware. NO saw tooth hangers or spring clip frames. Oil paintings must be framed or gallery wrapped. Photography artwork must be framed unless metal prints. Final size of artwork, including frame, may not exceed 40 inches on any side. Art work, including sculpture, exceeding size and weighing over 50 pounds will be rejected.
ENTRIES & FEES:
A total of four (4) entries are permitted: three (3) may be submitted for the Art Show and the 4th may be submitted in the Special Theme category and must comply with the Special Theme category. Each entry must have a fully completed label attached.
- FEES: MEMBER: $25 for the first two entries and $5 for each additional entry.
- NON-MEMBER: $30 for first two entries and $5 for each additional entry.
- STUDENT: $1 each entry (limit two entries):
- GIFT SHOP: $5.
- NOTE: If you would like to become a member of the guild for 2018 the cost to join the guild is $25.00.
Any artist entered in the show may have art work–original or (clearly labeled) prints for sale in the Gift Shop for a total fee of $5. Work must be priced at $100 or less. MVAG members may have 8 Gift Shop pieces, non-MVAG artists and students may have 5 Gift Shop pieces An inventory list must be completed on MVAG duplicate form when delivering artwork. Framed or unframed items accepted. Payment can be made during registration period.
AWARDS: Best of Show MVAG Award–$200, People’s Choice Award–$200, First Place–$50, Student–$25.
RIBBONS: 1ST, 2ND, 3RD, and Honorable Mention will be awarded at the Judge’s discretion.
For more information contact:
Evelyn (425-246-7166) email@example.com